I have received the Stylish Blogger Award! I got it from 2 terrific ladies, both with blogs that I love to read.
First, from Christie at http://kids-finelines.blogspot.com/,
And then from Jacquelien at http://kidsartists.blogspot.com/!
So the first rule is to link back to the person who gave it to you (which I just did) and thank them. THANKS!
And then you're supposed to list 7 things about yourself. I've gotten one of these awards actually a couple of times before, and posted my list of 7 things each time. But I'll still try again and probably tell you the same stuff, since I don't think I've changed much since the last time I wrote.
- I like words and word games. I like to play Scrabble, or Upwards, or Boggle, or my newest favorite, bought for me by my son this holiday time, Bananagrams. Oh how he knows me!
- I watch trashy reality TV while blogging - Survivor, Project Runway, The Amazing Race, and even The Bachelor and American Idol. I suppose I should be embarrassed.
- I stay up too late at night (like right now). I've been doing it all my life.
- I was born in the Bronx, but I'm a small-town girl at heart. I don't like traffic.
- I am basically a klutz, always tripping over things and falling off things (that I stand on because I'm only 5'tall) , but I'm comfortable and confident in the water. Oh how I love lakes and oceans!
- I like to keep track of what my son is up to, even though he's sort of grown up. He's a senior in college plus he's in a band called The Radium Girls that will have a CD of original music out soon. He admits he's a disorganized mess and unfortunately I think he may have gotten it from me.
- I'm a compulsive doodler. I doodle on everything, everywhere.
Then you're supposed to pass the award on to 5 favorite blogs, and since I read so many these days I thought I'd pick newer blogs, newer finds to honor. Here we go:
- http://herdabbles.blogspot.com/ is one of my newer blog discoveries, and she's great. I especially loved her posts about James Rizzi and her brilliant idea to buy calendars 1/2 price for the art prints.
- http://art-paper-scissors.blogspot.com/ is another newer blog friend, bursting with enthusiasm and great ideas. I'm going to make her lizards with all my new construction paper!
- http://ms-artteacher.blogspot.com/ is Becca Ruth, "That Little Art Teacher". I love her terrific lessons that she posts.
- http://stuckinthemudpottery.blogspot.com/ -this is yet another newish blog from a new teacher. Janelle, the blogger, is in my "neck of the woods" and even substituted for me last year! How cool is that?
- http://faythelevine.blogspot.com/ Faythe is my niece and probably doesn't even know I follow her blog she's so busy, so I'm not going to bother to tell her about the award. But I want to tell YOU about HER. She is the gal behind the fabulous movie and book Handmade Nation, which details the resurgence of DIY (do it yourself) by indie crafters. She's now busy filming a movie about sign painters, but also spends her time traveling around the world promoting Handmade Nation and more, and she posts the most amazing photos of her travels. Such talent. For those of you who get into these things, her dad (my bro) is the well-known astrologer Rick Levine, who has assured me that I'm still a Libra and there is no new 13th sign.
And while I'm at it: a few special shout-outs - first to Erica (Art Project girl) who is probably a new mom today, since I haven't seen her commenting on any blogs. I'm not going to bother her with awards, since I can't top the arrival of her Stella.
And to Patty (Deep Space Sparkle) who I'm sure doesn't need any awards, but who is the real reason I started blogging.
And to Ted (Art w/Mr. E) who gave me some much needed technical advice when I was having trouble in my very 1st blog posts.
And to my blogger buddy Barb (Barbara's Thought of the Day) who I actually got to spend a day with this winter!
And to Dan the Monster Man, whose amazing work has stolen my heart. Here's a link to his blog: http://papermacheblog.com/.
Meanwhile... My blogger dashboard says that I'm not currently following any blogs. HUH? This has happened a couple of times before, so I'm trying not to panic; I hope they all come back. Because truly, I think I follow about a ZILLION of you , and it would be challenging to have to recapture them all somehow. Hopefully they will miraculously return!
I just checked - THEY ARE BACK!!! YIPPEEEEEE!! Has this happened to anyone else out there?