In case you've missed it before, here's what we did:
- We each painted painted two sheets of 12x18" with various fun processes to create colorful painted paper, using tempera. These were later sliced apart for weaving strips (weft).
- We painted a third and fourth sheet (same size), each with one color of acrylic, that were cut in half lengthwise and twisted into tubes. These were then glued down at the ends, lengthwise, onto a large rectangle of cardboard in an alternating color pattern to create our warp. We made sure they were arched upward in the middles, like rainbows.
- We painted the large cardboard rectangles black so our weaving colors would show up nicely.
- We weaved our slices of painted paper into our warp, using an alternating color pattern.
- Finally, we embellished with a bunch of feathers to give our work pizazz!!