I've come across a few really cool things lately that I'd like to share, in case you haven't seen them yet.
The first is the one I'm most excited about. I found the link on another blog, and I've searched EVERYWHERE to try to find the blog again that posted this. If it was you, let me know; I'd love to give you credit for this awesome discovery.
It is a sketchbook project - when you sign up (for $25) you choose a theme. Then you are mailed a Moleskine sketchbook, to create in, based on the theme you've selected. You can draw on the pages, or totally transform transform the sketchgook, as long as it folds back up into the original sketchbook dimensions. I'm signing up and selecting my theme tonight. **I just signed up!! My theme is "science project gone wrong"! Sounds like fun, doesn't it?** The completed sketchbooks are all sent back, and the project culminates with a traveling show, which goes around the country in galleries and museums. I'm excited because the show is scheduled to be in Brooklyn during February vacation. I love to go to NYC during my February vacation week, so that means I'd be able to actually see the show.
So, bloggers, if you sign up to participate, let me know and I'll look for your sketchbook when I'm there in February. Anyhow, here's the website so you can see all the details: http://www.arthousecoop.com/projects/sketchbookproject
Here's Ethel the sock monkey - - another photo just for fun...
And finally - YIKES - I've been chosen again for:
The honor has come to me from Kathy at http://cottagegardenquilter.blogspot.com/. I think she was especially noticing my post about the crocheted coral reef, which didn't raise too much interest from readers otherwise. As a former SCUBA diver, I thought the crocheted coral formations looked so much like the real thing that I was blown away by it. But anyhow, I'm digressing... Kathy also has an art teacher blog, which you can find at: http://gallery2404.blogspot.com/ , and I'm honored that she picked me out. Thanks, Kathy.
Now, since I've gotten this award before, I hope Kathy doesn't mind that I'm not going to give it out again to a bunch of bloggers. I don't want to drive you all crazy. But I've been listing blogs I like alot anyhow, and you can see them on my sidebar as well.
But I will comply with the award requirement to list 7 things about myself, and I'll try to list 7 things I didn't say last time.
- I'm barely 5 ' tall and I don't wear high heels, so I'm usually the shortest adult in the room. So I'm used to climbing and standing on top of things in order to reach what I want. Which is not such a good thing because I'm a real klutz.
- I'm overly opinionated and I guess sometimes don't know when to shut up. It's a problem, I know, but I don't see it changing any time soon.
- I love playing Scrabble, mostly with my son, but since he's in college and will graduate this spring, the opportunities are few and far between. :-( I like words.
- I love to proofread (how weird is that?) and I find typos, spelling, and grammatical errors everywhere. I'm really embarrassed when I find them on my own blog.
- My first 8 years of teaching were as a high school art and photgraphy (silver photo) teacher, and my 9th year was as a K-12 art teacher (a challenging job). I've been teaching elementary art ever since then (since 1985) and I love it.
- If you read my prior post, you know I'm chocoholic. I have other vices too. I stay up too late at night and don't get enough sleep. EVER.
- I believe you can never have too many pairs of earrings. I feel naked if I forget to put on a pair of earrings in the morning. Other jewelry is good too.
Thanks again Kathy for recognizing my blog, and I hope you'll understand why I didn't hand it out to other bloggers again this time. Here's the link to my previous response to this honor, if you want to see who I selected to pass it to: http://plbrown.blogspot.com/search/label/blog%20award